Company surpasses drupa 2012 results by 25 percent and helps establish digital printing as mainstream
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 16, 2016 – HP Inc. today announced that drupa 2016 was a landmark success as the company’s best drupa ever, well-exceeding ambitious 2016 worldwide goals and surpassing drupa 2012 results by 25 percent.
In the world’s largest single demonstration of digital printers and presses, HP’s historic showcase in Hall 17, as well as strong customer adoption across all segments and regions, helped establish digital printing as mainstream and solidified HP’s position as the industry’s digital leader.
“HP experienced its best attended drupa ever with sales far exceeding expectations, achieving 150 percent of our sales goal,” said Francois Martin, worldwide marketing head, HP Graphics Solutions Business, HP Inc. “What’s more, packaging revealed itself as a major trend and I’m proud to say that HP was in front of the curve with a complete packaging line-up and with the unveiling of a new post-print solution and strategic collaboration with packaging giant Smurfit Kappa. HP is committed to keep reinventing our technology so that our customers can reinvent their own possibilities.”
130+ HP Indigo 10000 series digital presses sold in two-week span
The next generation of the world’s best-selling B2-format digital press is expanding commercial printers’ possibilities worldwide, with more than 130 HP Indigo 10000 series Digital Presses sold during drupa 2016 across multiple countries. HP closed massive deals with Shutterfly, the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services, and Cimpress, the world leader in mass customization and HP Indigo’s largest customer globally,(1) for fleets of HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses, which has set a new benchmark in quality, automation and production.
Among others, customers who signed deals for HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses at drupa include:
- Rotolito Lombarda, one of Europe’s largest private printers and already operating HP PageWide Web Presses T410 and T360 and an HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press.
- Truyol, a leading Spain-based print provider looking to grow its general commercial printing offerings with proven HP Indigo print quality.
- Pureprint, a UK-based print provider and one of the original HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press beta customers, with two existing HP Indigo 10000 Digital Presses.
- Precision Printing, a UK-based print provider using multiple HP Indigo 10000 Digital Presses to produce pocket folders, six-page brochures, posters and lay-flat books.
- PageWorks, a US-based print provider with 60 years of experience providing digital, print and communication solutions.
- MonAlbumPhoto, a France-based print provider specializing in the printing and finishing of printed books, pictures, posters, paintings, calendars and cards.
HP PageWide Web Presses power profitability
Major HP PageWide Web Press deals were closed at drupa 2016, including a strategic deal withKADOKAWA CORPORATION for the HP PageWide Web Press T490M HD, as well as the recently announced HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press, to power its industry-leading digital book production platform.
Elanders Group also selected an HP PageWide Web Press T240 HD, along with two HP Indigo 7900 Digital Presses and two HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses, to strengthen its commercial printing capabilities and deliver complex, worldwide jobs with enhanced quality and productivity. HP PageWide Web Press T490 HD deals were also signed with UK-based G.I. Solutions and Latvia-based Livonia Print, among others.
Demonstrating HP PageWide Web Press’ leadership across quality, productivity and versatility, the HP PageWide Web Presses T490 HD and T230 in Hall 17 created a true digital print factory, running high-quality color jobs continuously to print nearly 3,000 kilometers (1,800 miles) of paper, more than any other inkjet press exhibitor at drupa. In fact, the presses produced 130 print applications on 51 coated and uncoated media types, ranging in weight, texture and format size, from 20 paper mills. Printed rolls were then finished by HP SmartStream finishing partners and delivered back to Hall 17 for distribution to customers.
In addition to onsite drupa activities, HP also hosted nearly 100 corrugated packaging converters for VIP demonstrations of the HP PageWide T1100S Press at KBA’s factory in Wurzburg, Germany. In these demonstrations, converters witnessed the T1100S printing full-speed color on packaging liner at 30,600 square meters per hour.
Labels and Packaging segments boom with key deals
- ePac, a joint venture of Emerald Packaging, purchased three HP Indigo 20000’s to drive their digital flexible packaging business.
- Nosco Inc., a Waukegan, Illinois-based print provider, invested in a second HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press to add capacity, reduce lead times and save money on short-run jobs.
- Hucais Printing International Co. Limited purchased the first three HP Indigo 30000 Digital Presses in China to expand packaging innovation.
- Farmografica purchased the first HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press in Argentina.
- B2Pack, a Spain-based company with 30 years of printing history, purchased the first HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press with Corona in Europe to print on plastics.
- colordruck W. Mack GmbH & Co. KG, based in Baiersbronn, Germany, purchased an HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press to efficiently address demand for short-run packaging.
Additionally, the HP Indigo 8000 Digital Press surpassed sales expectations just two months after its unveiling, with multiple customers selecting the technology to boost productivity and efficiently manage long, demanding label jobs. Early HP Indigo 8000 Digital Press adopters include:
- Century Label, a U.S.-based company with more than 30 years of award-winning customized printing.
- Industria Grafica Eurostampa S.p.A., a family-owned business in operation for 50 years, producing 50 million top-quality labels daily.
- Harkwell Labels Ltd., a U.K.-based company, providing custom printed and self-adhesive digital labels and stickers.
- MegaFlex A/S, a Netherlands-based staffing company, with an in-plant label production operation.
- RAKO-Etiketten GmbH & Co., one of the largest and most modern manufacturers of adhesive labels and flexible packaging materials.
- StrongPoint, a Sweden-based converter, delivering labels solutions to a wide variety of verticals and industries, including food and beverage, wholesale, retail trade, transporting and storage and security activities.
PrintOS adoption soars to more than 500 connected customers
HP customers eager to streamline their production workflow gravitated towards PrintOS at drupa 2016, with more than 200 new customers selecting the versatile solution to simplify and automate print production.
Many new HP Indigo and PageWide Web Press customers, including GLS Companies, Serafí Indústria Gràfica Publicitària S.A and Prime Group, adopted the solution to fully integrate their HP digital presses with existing systems via PrintOS web and mobile applications.
Visit the HP drupa 2016 online press kit for more information on HP’s drupa news. HP drupa updates and videos can also be found on our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter,YouTube and LinkedIn, and by using the #ReinventPossibilities hashtag.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
(1) Based on both overall print volume and number of presses.